Sunday, June 8, 2008

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie.....



Took this photo of my weinmaraner this morning as she was sound asleep at the front entrance. I am just wondering if this is her usual sleeping position or is she having a wet dream?

The thing about having a dog in the family is that everyone in the family develop emotional ties with them. Nicole LIow (Yes, she is a Liow, part of the family) has been with us for the past 5 years and incidentally she was born on Christmas Day!

She is one very lucky lucky cainine and an extremely intelligent breed too. Very active and i guess, as with any children, she can also be quite a handfull at times. There was a couple of times when, perhaps out or boredom, she will pick up a stone (with her mouth) and start throwing and chasing after it like she was chasing after a hunt. After all, she is a hunting breed dog so she is entittled to act funny once in a while. But to pounce on some innocent birds who happen to fly into our garden and practically rip the whole head off is just too gruesome. My god! We got a murderer in the family! No wonder I don't hear any birds singing any more in my garden. Hmmm......need to get those tape recordings of canaries singing and hook it up in the garden for some sound effects.

As with most hunting breed dogs, she is fast, strong and athletic in appearance. She has a short coat of grey hair and does not need too much of grooming, which was one of the main reason why I choosed her in the beginning. One less task for me, you see. She is also very loyal and rather easy to train, I did mentioned that she is an extremely intelligent dog, didn't I? Think it's one common attribute in the Liow clan, hmmmmmmm..............

Anyway we will just let sleeping dogs lie.